Users caught breaking the rules will be punished, ranging from a simple warning to a permanent ban, depending on the severity of the broken rule(s) in question. Most rules are common sense and it would therefore be impossible to list all the things you could do to get yourself banned. This page is not acting as a complete list of bannable offenses - it instead aims to clear up some confusion about those rules that may not be obvious. In the case of these rules, ignorance is no excuse, and so as a rule of thumb, if you wouldn't do it in real life don't do it on the forums.
1. General Forum Rules:
2. The following topics are strictly off limits:
- Flame or insult other members.-
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Post Reporting and/or Private Messaging Systems.-
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.) of other members without their consent.-
- Bump threads unless you have relevant information that is useful to the continuance of the topic.-
- Derail a thread's topic.-
- Post links to phishing sites.-
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: posting a 'favorite song' thread in the Competition section, when it should be posted in The Lounge).-
- Openly argue with a moderator. If you have a problem, you may contact a moderator via a private message.-
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.-
- Backseat moderate. If you see someone breaking the rules, either report them to a moderator or ignore what the person posted.-
- Post spam or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content. This also generally includes, but is not limited to, typing in "leet" speak, all caps, contentless replies (replies that contain only a few, generic words such as "Yes", "No", "+1", "10char" or "Welcome"), rickrolls, and posting image-only, quote-only, and smiley-only replies, unless the topic specifically calls for it, such as a 'post your picture' thread.
We reserve the right to remove users and their content, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
- Pornography and "extreme NSFW" content.-
- Piracy, warez, leaked content.-
- Cheating and hacking, unless used in ban report context.-
- Threats of violence or harassment to a member and/or the community.-
- Soliciting, begging, advertising, referrals.-
- Racism, sexism, and discrimination.-
- Disciplinary actions taken against a community member.